Bored of eating Palak Paneer or Vegetable Koftas in tomato based gravy???
Try this delectable combination of cottage cheese and corn koftas dipped in rich hariyali gravy created by Mealtango Chef Gunjan Gupta.
Hariyali gravy has been cooked with fresh spinach leaves. Corn koftas have been prepared with frozen sweet corns and cottage cheese / Paneer with cheese inside them. All these ingredients blend quite well with hariyali gravy.
In addition to being scrumptious, Corn Koftas in Hariyali Gravy is packed with nutrition.
Serve it with any Indian flatbread and impress your family and friends.
Serves: 3 Persons
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels (Frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese/ Paneer (Grated)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 3 Tsp Corn-flour Powder +2 Tsp Corn-flour Powder
- 2 Tsp Refined Flour
- 70 Gms. Grated Cheese (Mozzarella/Processed) (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Bread-crumbs + 1/2 Cup Bread-crumbs
- Salt as per Taste
- Oil for Deep-frying
For Hariyali Gravy
- 1 Bundle of Spinach (Blanched)
- 2 Medium Onion (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 8 Garlic Cloves
- 1 1/2″ Ginger Piece
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Kasoori Methi (Dry roasted n crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- In a pressure cooker, add corn kernels and 2-3 tablespoons of water. Cook at medium flame for a single whistle. Turn off the flame and transfer corn kernels to a bowl for cooling.
- In a big bowl, add corn kernels, cottage cheese, garlic, black pepper powder, red chilli flakes, 3 tsp cornflour powder, 1/4 cup bread-crumbs and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients. Chop corn kernels roughly before mixing them with other ingredients. Divide the mixture into 8- 10 portions. Skip to step 6 if you are not using cheese.
- Slightly flatten a portion of mixture and place 1-1.5 tsp of grated cheese in the centre.
- Seal the edges and shape into a ball. Repeat the process till mixture is finished.
- Now, make a slurry by mixing 2 teaspoons of corn-flour powder, 2 teaspoons of refined flour and a few teaspoons of water.
- Dip kofta balls in this slurry and roll them with remaining bread-crumbs. Repeat the process with other kofta balls.
- Refrigerate them for 15-20 minutes.
- Deep-fry in hot oil and transfer to a kitchen towel.
For Hariyali Gravy
- Make a paste with onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger using a grinder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, cumin seeds and onion paste.
- Sprinkle salt over them and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Blitz blanched spinach leaves and make a purée.
- Add purée to pan and sprinkle black pepper powder plus salt. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water along with 1/4 cup of milk and cover pan with a lid.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Finally, add lemon juice and kasoori methi powder.
- Stir well and turn off the heat.
- Transfer hariyali gravy to a serving bowl.
- Add koftas to gravy and garnish with grated cottage cheese.
- Add one tsp of kasoori methi leaves along with spinach leaves while they are boiling. It helps in reducing the bitterness of spinach leaves.
- Don’t discard water in which spinach is boiled as it has a lot of nutrients. Replace regular water with this water while making gravy.